For all open positions at Pook & Pook, send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements one of these ways:
- Electronically via email to email@example.com
- Via facsimile to : 610-363-9274, Attention: Human Resources
- By mail to : Pook and Pook, Inc., 463 E. Lancaster Avenue, Downingtown, PA 19335
ABOUT THE JOB:
Pook & Pook, Inc. is seeking a full-time mover (40 hours per week) to help our auction team with their consignment transport and auction efforts. We sell amazing collections of antique furniture, fine art and antique decorative accessories. If you are interested in art and antiques, this is a great introductory opportunity. We have a fun, fast-paced environment which is teamwork oriented. A fantastic benefits package is included.
As a mover, you will be packing and moving fine art, antiques, furniture and/or other belongings in a company provided vehicle. The candidate will need be physically fit and able to move heavy and valuable pieces of furniture, large boxes, etc. Recent college graduates are encouraged to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Physical fitness and stamina
- Flexible Schedule (regular hours are 8:30 to 5 with periodic required overtime paid at 1.5 salary)
- Good written and spoken use of the English language
- Valid driver’s license with clean record
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Basic computer and handyman skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pack and distribute goods to and from auction gallery from homes, offices, museums, etc.
- Safely drive and park a truck
- Use GPS to prepare the most direct route for pick-ups and deliveries
- Maintain company vehicles (service, registration, cleaning)
- Order and maintain moving equipment and supplies
- Set-up and break-down auctions and special events
- Work during auctions by phone bidding, clerking, assisting with pick-ups, etc.
- Assist photography team
- Prior experience with antiques, auctions, moving, and/or truck driving
- Steady past employment
- An interest in learning about antiques
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with the subject MOVER, one of these ways:
- Electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via facsimile to: 610-269-9274
- By mail to: Pook & Pook, Inc., 463 E. Lancaster Avenue, Downingtown, PA 19335, Attention: Human Resources
ABOUT THE JOB: Pook & Pook is seeking an organized and polished professional to fill the position of auction/exhibition assistant. Pook & Pook is an auction house and appraisal firm located in Downingtown, Pennsylvania. We sell valuable collections of antique furniture, fine art, and antique decorative accessories. The auction/exhibition assistant will help the Exhibition Designer/Auction Staff Supervisor during gallery exhibitions. Duties include assisting clients with getting things out of showcases, answering questions regarding the auctions, and other tasks related to auction preparation. They will also be responsible for working during the auctions, helping buyers retrieve purchases, phone bidding, internet bidding, clerking, etc. Preference will be given to those candidates with a bachelor’s degree and those working within a similar field. This is a part-time position that includes some weekend hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist customers at auction preview exhibitions and during auctions.
- Assist on auction days by phone bidding, data entry, internet bidding and/or pick-up during auctions.
- Keep an orderly and neat workspace.
- There are no set hours for this position, they are offered on an as needed basis.
- self-motivated with a fresh outlook in a manner to make improvements where necessary.
- willingness to assist in all aspects of auction preparation and post-auction obligations.
- able to grasp, retain, and take charge of repetitive processes.
- positive enthusiastic disposition and a natural pro-active problem solver.
- work well as part of a team, but has a strong independent work ethic.
- able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- preference will be given to a candidate with experience in the antique and/or auction world.
Required education and experience: HS Diploma, some college preferred, customer service, previous antique/auction experience preferred
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements ONE OF THESE WAYS :
- Electronically via email: email@example.com
- Via facsimile to : 610-363-9274
- By mail to : Pook and Pook, Inc., 463 E. Lancaster Avenue, Downingtown, PA 19335, Attention: Human Resources
Job Type: Part-time