For all open positions at Pook & Pook, send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements one of these ways:
- Electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via facsimile to : 610-363-9274, Attention: Human Resources
- By mail to : Pook and Pook, Inc., 463 E. Lancaster Avenue, Downingtown, PA 19335
About the Job
Pook & Pook, Inc. is seeking a mover to help our auction team with their consignment transport and auction efforts. As an Antique Mover for Pook & Pook, Inc. you will be packing and moving fine art, antiques, furniture and/or other belongings. Movers must be able to lift 100+ pounds, climb up and down stairs, and may be on your feet for eight or more hours a day. Some evening and weekend work is required. Some overnight pick-ups are required.
The successful mover will have good communication skills and the problem-solving skills necessary to safely pack and move heavy and valuable pieces of furniture, fine art, and large boxes of antique accessories. The mover must have a valid Pennsylvania drivers’ license with a clean record and proof of such must be presented before or after the candidate is selected for an interview. In addition, a criminal background check will be performed.
Benefits are provided, including paid vacation, retirement plan, paid holidays, etc. (after a 120-day trial period)
Duties and Responsibilities
- -Pick up and deliver consignments to and from art galleries, individual’s homes, museums, warehouses, etc.
- Moves furniture, fine art, decorative accessories and equipment.
- Assists photography team and cleans/moves furniture and photography equipment as directed.
- Protect furniture, art and objects from damage with proper packing.
- Safely drive a straight truck.
- Must have great communication skills and a polite and helpful manner when interacting with consignors, purchasers, and coworkers.
- Maintain vehicles and moving equipment.
- Order and maintain moving equipment and supplies.
- May assist in grounds maintenance and general facility cleaning.
- Assist during auction preview.
- Dress in clean, comfortable clothes. Pook and Pook shirts are provided and required for some events. Dress pants are required for auction preview.
Preference will be given to a candidate with 1-2 years’ experience working as a mover, who has experience in the antique and/or auction world.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements one of these ways with a subject line: POOK ANTIQUE MOVER (responses received without this exact phrase may not be given ANY consideration)
Via facsimile to:610-269-9274
By mail to: Attention: Antique Mover, Pook & Pook, Inc., 463 E. Lancaster Ave., Downingtown, PA 19335
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
ABOUT THE JOB: Pook & Pook is seeking an organized and polished professional to fill the position of auction/exhibition assistant. Pook & Pook is an auction house and appraisal firm located in Downingtown, Pennsylvania. We sell valuable collections of antique furniture, fine art, and antique decorative accessories. The auction/exhibition assistant will help the Exhibition Designer/Auction Staff Supervisor during gallery exhibitions. Duties include assisting clients with getting things out of showcases, answering questions regarding the auctions, and other tasks related to auction preparation. They will also be responsible for working during the auctions, helping buyers retrieve purchases, phone bidding, internet bidding, clerking, etc. Preference will be given to those candidates with a bachelor’s degree and those working within a similar field. This is a part-time position that includes some weekend hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist customers at auction preview exhibitions and during auctions.
- Assist on auction days by phone bidding, data entry, internet bidding and/or pick-up during auctions.
- Keep an orderly and neat workspace.
- There are no set hours for this position, they are offered on an as needed basis.
- self-motivated with a fresh outlook in a manner to make improvements where necessary.
- willingness to assist in all aspects of auction preparation and post-auction obligations.
- able to grasp, retain, and take charge of repetitive processes.
- positive enthusiastic disposition and a natural pro-active problem solver.
- work well as part of a team, but has a strong independent work ethic.
- able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- preference will be given to a candidate with experience in the antique and/or auction world.
Required education and experience: HS Diploma, some college preferred, customer service, previous antique/auction experience preferred
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements ONE OF THESE WAYS :
- Electronically via email: email@example.com
- Via facsimile to : 610-363-9274
- By mail to : Pook and Pook, Inc., 463 E. Lancaster Avenue, Downingtown, PA 19335, Attention: Human Resources
Job Type: Part-time