Edward Willis Redfield oil on canvas South Window
Edward Willis Redfield (American 1869-1965), oil on canvas The South Window, signed lower right and dated '41 on upper left, housed in its original signed Harer frame, 50" x 56". This moving piece was painted at Redfield?'s home at Center Bridge, Pennsylvania. It was one of only three paintings he ever painted of his wife. Redfield described this painting as "Elsie and interior living room, winter outside". Provenance: Estate of the artist to his daughter Louise R. Stephens, then through the family to Mrs. William G. McKeown 1987; private collection Maine; Hollis Taggart Galleries, New York; private collection New Jersey; Sold at Freeman's, December 6, 2015, lot 119, to the present owner. Additional provenance, exhibition, and literature information can be found on our website.
Array ( [live_biddable] => [inquire] => [phone] => [phone_bid] => 0 [sold] => [unsold] => [make_offer] => [estimate] => 1 [timer] => [current_bid] => [asking_bid] => [start_price] => 1 [buy_it_now_price] => [bid_activity] => )
Have a Similar Item?Consign With Us
· BUYER'S PREMIUM - 23% (IN-HOUSE), 26% (ONLINE)
· SUBMIT PHONE BIDS BY 5pm on April 22nd
· POOK & POOK OFFERS IN-HOUSE SHIPPING ON SELECT ITEMS, AND IS HAPPY TO PROVIDE A LIST OF OUTSIDE SHIPPERS FOR THOSE ITEMS IT DOES NOT SHIP.
· ESTABLISHED CLIENTS MAY PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD (3.5% surcharge). NEW CLIENTS MAY PAY WITH CASH, CHECK, MONEY ORDER, CASHIER'S CHECK OR BANK WIRE TRANSFER.
· CLIENTS PICKING UP IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA WHO DO NOT HAVE A TAX EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE ON FILE MUST PAY SALES TAX.