Important NH carved and painted Miss Liberty
Important New Hampshire carved and painted Miss Liberty, ca. 1875, standing in a defiant pose with flag and sword raised, her blouse and dress with stamped edges, overall - 33 1/4" h., figure only - 19 1/4" h., base - 10" w. Exhibited Liberties, with Liberty, Museum of American Folk Art. Provenance: originally found in a boathouse in Tuftonboro, New Hampshire; Brent House Peterborough, New Hampshire; Sotheby's Important American Folk Art from the collection of Bernard M. Barenholtz, January 2, 1990, lot 1728; Fred Giampietro Antiques New Haven, Connecticut; Sotheby's The Important American Folk Art Collection of David Teiger, January 20, 2019, lot 1249.
Array ( [live_biddable] => [inquire] => [phone] => [phone_bid] => 0 [sold] => [unsold] => [make_offer] => [estimate] => 1 [timer] => [current_bid] => [asking_bid] => [start_price] => 1 [buy_it_now_price] => [bid_activity] => )
Have a Similar Item?Consign With Us
· BUYER'S PREMIUM - 23% (IN-HOUSE), 26% (ONLINE)
· SUBMIT PHONE BIDS BY 5pm on April 22nd
· POOK & POOK OFFERS IN-HOUSE SHIPPING ON SELECT ITEMS, AND IS HAPPY TO PROVIDE A LIST OF OUTSIDE SHIPPERS FOR THOSE ITEMS IT DOES NOT SHIP.
· ESTABLISHED CLIENTS MAY PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD (3.5% surcharge). NEW CLIENTS MAY PAY WITH CASH, CHECK, MONEY ORDER, CASHIER'S CHECK OR BANK WIRE TRANSFER.
· CLIENTS PICKING UP IN THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA WHO DO NOT HAVE A TAX EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE ON FILE MUST PAY SALES TAX.